Safeway Code of Conduct
Safeway has sent us a copy of their Fundraising Guidelines. You do not need
to print and sign a copy of this, but you are expected to follow their rules if
you booth at Safeway. Please pay special attention to the items in red.
Safeway Inc. Phoenix Division
Front of Store Fundraising Guidelines
for GIRL SCOUTS
- All requests for fundraising opportunities must be directed in writing to Public Affairs for approval. The Phoenix division mailing address is 2750 S. Priest Drive, Tempe, AZ 85282.
- An approved nonprofit organization must provide a certificate of insurance, listing Safeway, Inc. as an additional insured with a minimum liability limit of $2,000,000.
- A specific, universal timeframe has been established for all fundraising activities. Fundraising may only take place from 9 a.m. to 12 noon, or 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- No more than four (4) people may staff a table in front of a store at any given time, including at least one parent/guardian or supervising adult. Fundraising groups are responsible for providing their own tables, chairs and signage. (Note: An exception will be made for Girl Scouts, allowing for no more than four (4) girls and two (2) adults.)
- Organizations collecting signatures for petitions, or those organizations with a political or religious objective will not be allowed to conduct promotions in front of stores.
- Fundraising groups should not physically approach customers to request donations. Groups may post signage to promote the fundraising activity. Groups may ask customers if they are interested in providing support for the activity only as customers exit the store.
- Store managers have authority to remove groups if fundraising activities are deemed inappropriate or disruptive. However, store manager must contact district manager before removing group.
Front of Store Fundraising: Partner Months
- Public Affairs has forged partnerships with nonprofit organizations that have typically engaged in fundraising. Partners have exclusive fundraising rights during certain months at all store locations. Girl Scouts are assigned to March.
- Partner organizations are responsible for determining the store locations at which they would fundraise and for making the reservations. Partner organizations will submit their reservations to Public Affairs for distribution to store managers.
- Partner organizations may fundraise at a particular store location no more than four (4) times per week. Fundraising may be conducted only during the established timeframes of 9 a.m. to 12 noon, or 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Fundraising is limited to one morning or afternoon shift on any given day.